Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Triathlon on the Horizon and I'm GETTING MARRIED!

Life has thrown me some curve balls over the past year, but everything I've delt with has only made me stronger. I've gained about 15 pounds in the last year or two. Being unemployed for 9 months took a huge toll on my motivation and directly affected my will to workout. On top of that I was incredibly sick and then injured, so I've had to let my body take recovery without the stress of working out.


So, today is June 29th. I haven't updated in a while, and I am finally getting back on track.




My 29th birthday was a month ago, and the love of my life asked me to marry him! I couldn't be any happier with my life and its path. My wedding is Fall 2012 and I have lots of work to get back in shape! Got to look great and be in awesome shape for our Honeymoon to Fiji & New Zealand! So many adventures to accomplish there!




I'm ready to adventure back into triathlons and getting my athletic body back! I have a date set for the Oktoberfest International Distance Triathlon on Sept 25th. I know that getting ready for a race is the perfect way to loose weight and get my body confidence back on track! I'm about 130 lbs right now. That is the most I've ever weighed! It's so embarrassing not being able to fit in my short shorts and cute work outfits! So to help get me motivated, I bought some new workout clothes that fit comfortably. I've also decided to try a diet pill to help keep my energy high and hopefully boost my metabolism. I'm trying Oxy Elite Pro. My Bestie recommended it, so we are both trying it out. Of course, I'm not relying on it 100%, just to help get back into my training regime.


The International Distance triathlon is 8/10 mile swim, 16 mile bike, 4 mile run. I have 13 weeks to prepare. I’m going to incorporate P90x, Yoga, Pilates, and weight training into my workout program. I’ve recently moved, so biking will be a bit of a challenge while I try to establish new biking routes.

I hope to loose about 10 lbs by October. That’s 1.3 lbs a week. This is a huge goal, but I’m confident that if I can stick to my training schedule, anything is possible! I will be updating my blog with my progress!

Wish me Luck!

Ciao,

Brittany

No comments: