Friday, April 19, 2013

Happy Friday! Spring is Finally Here!

Finally!  Spring is everywhere in ATLANTA!  The Pollen is covering everything and the weather is warm!  It has gotten into the 80s this week!

Monday:  Swim Class, 60 minutes
OMG!  Swim kicked my ass this week.  I was not properly fueled for my workout and I suffered because of it!  Usually I will eat a cliff bar 2-3 hours prior to my workout.  I was suffering about 20 minutes into the workout.  My energy was depleted and my swim form was suffering! 
NOTE:  EAT a snack!  I do lunch around noon and must remember to snack in the afternoon, especially for a workout session at 7pm!  So important!

Tuesday:  Group Run, 4 miles, Chastain Park
My first group run with ATC Triathlon Club.  The day is hot, humid, and in the low 80s.  I didn't know what to expect with the group run, the ATC forum said intervals and TNR.  I focused on finishing the new 4 mile loop.  I stated with a pace under 10:00, but ended up around 11:75.  I had a really hard time towards the end with the heat!  There is a slight uphill on powers ferry on the last 3/4 mile.  By the top, I was feeling the sense of puke coming on!  But, I held it back and pushed on.  Jogging it in like a champ!  I would like to finish that route in under 40 min!  GOAL!  I wore my new compression calf sleeves, and I could tell they definitely helped, but they were H O T!  I wanted to tear them off desperately during the run!  Not so great for humid hot days!


Wednesday:  Rest Day
I had a Spin Class planned, but this morning I woke up super tired after good 8 hour sleep.  I was exhausted after work, so I made the call to take a rest day! 


Thursday:  Bootcamp, 45 minutes
I rode my longboard to Bootcamp at Piedmont park, I was running a little late so I was crusin' pretty fast into the Park from the Park Dr., but I didn't realize that they were already setting up tents for the Dogwood Festival!  Yikes!  I tried to stop, but instead did a slow-mo split scraping my knee on the road!  ugH!  I rolled up to Bootcamp just as they were starting!  ..With a bloody knee!   
I choose the Sprint Workout Option!
Warm-up: 1 minute plank hold - goal time was 3 minutes!  I need to work on my planks!
Sprint Circuit (2x):  200+ lunges around the half circle, Bear Crawl across the Lawn, then 50 sit ups. 
Leg Circuit:  Hold Side Plank on each side.  25 each: Leg Lift, Front Leg Circle, Backward Leg Circles  
Cool Down:  Jog around the Circle - 2x

Overall it was a great workout!  I'm feeling it big time in my legs today!  And my scrap! lol.  Luckily I made it back to the Jeep without wrecking again, i was going much slower.  I thinking riding the longboard in my asics is not as sturdy as skate shoes!

420Fest this weekend. Lots of free live music at Chandler Park and .. BEER!  Have a Great Weekend!
 
Ciao,

Brittany


No comments: