Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Xterra - Ready, Set, GO!

I just finalized my training plan for the next 16 weeks leading up to Xterra Fort Yargo!!!

I'm so excited to finally have the time available to dedicate to training for one of my favorite triathlons ever, XTERRA!  To learn more check out this link:  http://www.xterraplanet.com/

Usually I have rental house drama or job drama or just plain life drama, but now all the houses are rented, I'm married and my career is finally allowing me to train consistently!  Woo-hoo! 

2009-2011 ~ RIP DramaS

2012-2013 ~ Last year I completed 2 sprint triathlons and was rained-out of my only triathlon this year (Iron Girl).  After a summer full of rental house headaches, I'm so excited to have my weekend free for riding again.  I haven't been serious about racing since 2007-2009 and I am so excited to get back into it!

2014 ~ My path is clear and I am so ready to focus on my mind-body balance to work towards accomplishing my athletic goals!  I've joined a great triathlon club, ATC, with whom I attend a masters swim class and boot camp every week.   I've also joined the Sorella Allegro race team to build my skills and experience. 

My sights are set and I will become a better triathlete in 2014!

Here's a look at my 2014 race calendar:
1/26/14 - Hot Chocolate 5K
 2/1/14 -  Polar Bear Run 5K
2/22/13 - Charles Harris 10K
 3/1/14 - Fort Yargo Dirty Duathlon
3/22/13 - Blankets Creek Dirty Duathlon
4/26/14 - XTERRA Fort Yargo

TBD
Jekyll Turtle Crawl Triathlon
XTERRA Tsali, Clemson
Rope Mill Dirty Duathlon

There are some major training commitments on my calendar this  year and I hope to stay true to myself and my goals by making this my best winter of training ever.

Some of my major goals include:
  • Finishing in the top 3 of my age group at Xterra <~ My biggest race goal ever ya'll!
  • Finishing the outer loop of Fort Yargo in under 1 hour (my best time is 1:21 in Xterra '09)
  • Mountain Biking for 3 hours (my historical max is ~2 hours)
  • Building my running skill, form, and strength
  • Trying some CrossX races this year!

Onward!!!!!!!!!

~B
 

No comments: