Skip to main content

Xterra Intentions

My beautiful family
   
Hello Again!💜

WoW, two babies in 4 years and I'm finally ready to get back to off-road triathlon after a 6 year hiatus!  It was so tough with baby #1 getting my riding time in and I'm finally more seasoned with my life/work balance and now baby #2... I think I can do this again!  I can't believe it's been 6 years now, it's like I'm starting off new!   ...but I still have my skillz and I'm so stoked to have some new goals!

Now that I have a new year in front of me it's time for some excited new goals -  

to rekindle my passion for off-road triathlon!!
 
My last Xterra was Fort Yargo back in 2014 and I was so stoked to get 2nd place in my age group and finish the race strong...  Big changes came after that, we bought our first house, moved to the burbs, and I got a new job...then BAM I was pregnant with my first little girl! 💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖





While I was out, there were lots of changes to Xterra,... The once smaller regional races, are now only locally sponsored and do not count towards the Xterra American Tour points system.  Now, the only way to qualify for the World Championship Xterra Race in Maui, is to qualify at a Championship Race (top 2 in your AG for women) or via tops points from attending 3 (2 best scores) of the different American Tour Xterra races including the National Championship in Ogden, Utah...




So being a FT working mom; my most likely opportunity is to qualify at Xterra Oak Mountain Championship in Birmingham, AL, which may be on my race list for 2021.

But let's focus on this year, 2020, the year of RAT, representing the beginning of a New Day... a new opportunity for growth in Off-Road Triathlon.. I have A LOT of work to do!  Post baby #2,  I got back on the MTB around 7 weeks, and now it's been 11 months...  With a very WET winter down south, all our trails have been compromised throughout the winter.. so riding has been tricky!  My favorite local trail system is currently closed until further noticed because Lake levels are at historical highs!  😲😤  So I'm praying my prime time to ride will open up with a dry early spring... 😅

First step to rekindle my passion for off-road triathlon... sign up for an off-road triathlon at one of my favorite trail systems...Tsali Recreation Area...located in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park on Lake Fontana in Bryson City, NC -





....with new race series sponsor ... MOTUS ..

....About the race...




800 Meter Open Water Swim

5.0 Mile Trail Run


10.0 Mile Mountain Bike



A Half mile lake swim from the East shore - out and back around the buoy, followed by a short run to the transition area.. Then the 5 mile run course on the “right loop alternate” trail. The mountain bike leg, a 10 mile loop around the “left loop" trail.  


Swim

                                        Trail Run
                                                                              Mountain Bike


So when you see all my crazy, "I worked-out" swimming/running/biking posts, give me a like ~ I'm striving to get back out there!  I appreciate your support!


LET'S DO THIS! 💪💜💖



aloha, bmix


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BigFoot Enduro - Aska Adventure Area - Blue Ridge, GA

Yassss! I'm BACCCK!  My first race since 2015! 💥 I was so stoked to be back to riding mtb when I heard about the BigFoot Enduro.  I have raced the smaller enduro, the Big Creek Quick Six, but these 1-2 miles runs would definitely be a new challenge for me.  Being familiar with the race format and strategy helped with my confidence to attempt this event. After months and an entire summer of bummers gone to COVID, all my Xterra & triathlon goals went down the drain.  I focused on happiness and for me that meant I couldn't wait to get into the woods.  With two littles at home, it has been so hard to make the time to visit the epic places to ride... I'm looking at you Pisgah!   We made a small trip to Tsali earlier this year for my other cancelled off-road triathlon, but when I went to ride a rainstorm drenched the area and I had to bail. 😤  Luckily I had something new to look forward to, and my husband graciously went along with my crazy idea to do this 5 Stage downhill